Greater Nevada Credit Union (GNCU) has an exciting opportunity for a Security Analyst to join the Information Technology team. We are looking for energetic individuals who want to connect with a company that genuinely cares about making a positive difference.
Why Join Greater Nevada?
Greater Nevada Credit Union continually focuses on enhancing the lives of its employees by offering competitive wages and great benefits. We pride ourselves on a greater culture and that's why we've been recognized as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Reno/Tahoe Area. Greater Nevada Credit Union has been helping Nevadans with their financial needs since 1949 and has seen expansion in all areas of business. Would you like to help more people Live Greater? At Greater Nevada, we engage our team members by offering exciting growth and professional development opportunities, rewards for outstanding commitment to our members, and support of community involvement that encourages living Greater. Ready to achieve Greater Success and join a growing team in Northern Nevada and Las Vegas? Please apply today and see what it means to Live Greater!
The Information Security Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place to protect Greater Nevada information systems from internal and external security threats. These include but are not limited to incident detection and response, enterprise vulnerability management, administration of applications and tools focused on security.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of security infrastructure, principles, concepts and industry best practices.
2. Document, prioritize and analyze security threats, incidents and key metrics.
3. Administer and analyze output from log management system, intrusion prevention detection system and other security tools.
4. Assess information security risk on a regular basis and recommend new technologies and procedural changes to mitigate potential threats to information or privacy.
5. Ensure that training and testing is in place to increase security awareness and compliance with the Information Security Program throughout Greater Nevada.
3+ years of work experience in information security, preferably at a financial institution
Bachelors degree in information technology related field is desirable
Technical expertise in system security vulnerabilites and remediation techniques, network and web-related protocols
Security specific certifications, such as CISSP or GIAC, preferred
Ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally