Greater Nevada Credit Union is looking for an enthusiastic team-player with a passion for Helping More People Live Greater!
About The Position:
The Development Specialist supports all Greater Nevadans in exploring and identifying skill development and career-pathing opportunities. The primary focus for the Development Specialist is to be a trusted resource for all eligible Greater Nevadan’s in the areas of development, advancement, skill-building, and program implementation. Will work with all levels of leadership and staff as a member of the Development and Growth Team. Conducts interviews or assessments to help identify the individual's strengths and interests and collaborates to develop a path for development. Works in conjunction with the Leader and employee to upskill within existing position family. Makes recommendations for training or development opportunities to meet career-ready position objectives.
Who we're looking for:
Before we get into the specific details of this position’s requirements and qualifications, let's focus on the bigger picture of Greater Nevada, and what makes a Greater Nevadan.
At Greater Nevada, our passion is Helping More People Live Greater. When we say "people," we mean every single person who we interact with or could interact with, from our team members to our community members.
To do this, we practice CARE with our Values:
- We Care Genuinely.
- We build relationships because we know that we are Greater Together.
- We Stay Trustworthy as we serve our communities.
- "Be Bright"rings in our ears as we find custom solutions that meet our members' needs.
- We Inspire One Another, our members, and our communities to re-imagine what Living Greater can be.
- In every moment, we Enjoy the Experience. It's what has made the last 70 years greater and what we carry into the future as we continue to serve.
These values have guided us to become the largest Nevada-based credit union to touch the lives of more than 73,000 members and thousands upon thousands of people through our community and philanthropic work.
To live by those values, we make a deal with every single one of our team members—the CARE Deal. It's a win-win agreement that we shake hands-on at the beginning of our relationship together.
As a Greater Nevadan, that means we make four promises to you:
- Compensation and Benefits – We offer Greater Pay and Greater Benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, where we cover 90% of employee costs and about 75% of the costs for their dependents
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Supplemental insurance and life insurance plans
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick time, 11 annual paid holidays, eight hours of personal leave, and sabbatical leave after seven years of employment
- Paid time to volunteer and make a contribution to the community
- Employee product and service discounts
- Advancement – We strive to be a place where you can grow into your next career move, without having to leave the Greater Nevada family. So, we offer extensive training and development opportunities for each employee. Our continuous coaching culture allows for more direct and regular performance feedback and compensation.
- Recognition – We invest time, energy, and resources to find creative, impactful, and fun ways to deliver recognition that fits each Greater Nevadan's successes.
- Environment - Nobody wants to come to work in a place that's dull and filled with drudgery all day long. So, part of our side of the deal is ensuring you have a great place to work in and great people to work with.
Our CARE deal goes both ways, so here's how we expect each team member to demonstrate they care:
- Competence – Greater Nevadans know how to do their job and do it well—or they know how to access the resources they need to accomplish great things.
- Attitude – We don't expect team members to plaster a fake smile on their faces every day, but we do expect them to bring their best attitude to work and strive for greatness.
- Relationship building - We put a lot of emphasis on building build strong relationships with members, clients, coworkers, and the communities that we serve. Why? Because those connections enable us to live our passion: Helping More People Live Greater.
- Effectiveness – We ask each Greater Nevadan to be productive, efficient, and successful at the work they do.
What You'll Be Doing
- Conducts needs analysis; determines training or development objectives and researches resource options; consults with department leadership to identify training path
- Collaboratively proposes development path by identifying courses of action, researches learning options to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Coaches in compliment to Leader and Development and Growth Team; counsels employees on personal and professional development and career opportunities
- Gathers feedback information and monitors the effectiveness of development plan and effectiveness
- Builds credibility through impeccable facilitation of all programs.
- Familiarity with the ADDIE process to assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate D&G opportunities. Monitors and reports on progress; adjusts plans accordingly.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Hybrid Role
- Occasional travel may be required
- Compensation is dependent on experience
- Competitive compensation and Greater Benefits are part of our deal
Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in training, facilitation, instructional design, organizational development, and/or virtual learning is required
- Knowledgeable about a variety of learning and development delivery options and methods
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including, but not limited to, PowerPointOutlook, Excel, and Word. Smartsheets experience is preferred.
- While performing the duties of your job, you may regularly be required to sit/stand and use a keyboard, mouse, phone, and multiple monitors for an extended period (including repetitive motions with hands, fingers, arms, etc.).
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equality and Opportunity
At Greater Nevada, we believe that diversity makes us greater. When our team reflects the communities we serve, we can truly fulfill on our promise of Helping More People Live Greater.
Greater Nevada is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Greater Nevada is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Greater Nevada prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.